WFPB Minestrone Recipe
DescriptionSome of the best recipes only use one saucepan - and this is one of them! Filling, nourishing and full-flavoured, it's a classic.
- 2 onions
- 5 cloves garlic
- 4 medium carrots
- 1 extra large potato
- 2 courgettes
- 6 cavolo nero leaves
- 200g pasta
- 1 carton or tin of ready to eat cannellini beans
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 1 tsp tomato puree
- 1 mug of tomato passata or a can of chopped tomatoes
- Remove the stalks from the cavolo nero and chop up the leaves - put aside to allow the sulphoraphane to develop
- Crush the garlic. Put aside.
- Finely chop the onions and gently dry fry them for a few minutes in a large saucepan.
- Peel and chop the carrots and potato. Add them, the passata, the puree and the garlic to the pan. Stir well.
- Slice the courgette, add to pan along with cavolo nero and all remaining ingredients.
- Simmer for about 45 minutes, until the pasta is cooked. Once you turn the heat off, leave with the lid on for ten minutes to allow flavours to develop further.