DescriptionA flavoursome soup with fresh beans, chard and added rice and cannellini. Quick to make.
- 1 large red onion
- 1 courgette - we used yellow
- bunch of chard leaves, stalks removed
- two handfuls of French beans, scraggy ends removed
- 1 garlic and herb stock cube
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 pack of ready-cooked wholegrain rice (we used red and wild)
- 1 tin cannellini beans
- Finely slice the onion and fry with a little water whilst you prepare the other ingredients. Don't let it dry out and burn.
- Slice the courgette and chard.
- Once the red onion has softened (it takes about 10 minutes if finely sliced) add the chard and courgette.
- Add about a 1250ml water, depending on how thick you want the soup to be.
- Add the stock cube and stir vigorously whilst bringing to the boil. Add the tinned tomatoes and beans.
- Bubble energetically for about 15 minutes.
- Add the rice and cannellini. Heat through and serve.