White Chocolate and Raspberry Torte
However, being packed with cashews, walnuts, cacao and dates, there's plenty of good nutrients for an occasional treat.
- 225g dates - soaked in hot water for about 15 minutes
- 100g walnuts
- 50g dessicated (unsweetened) coconut
- 30g cacao powder
- 200g cashews - soaked in cold water for at least 1 hour
- 100g cacao butter - melted in a bowl over hot water
- 100g maple syrup
- 30g coconut milk powder
- 100ml hot water
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp dried raspberry powder and any further decorations desired
- Make the base layer by processing together all of the base ingredients (drained dates, walnuts, dessicated coconut and cacao powder) until a fine crumb texture is achieved. Scoop the mixture into a pie tin/dish and press into a smooth, even layer. We used a 10cm diameter tin with a removable base. Put in the fridge until your filling is ready.
- Drain the cashews, place them and all of the filling ingredients (melted cacao butter, maple syrup, coconut milk powder, hot water and lemon) in the processor. Process until really smooth.
- Spoon the filling on to the base and smooth out. Sprinkle raspberry powder on top - it will land more evenly if you use a sieve. Cool in the fridge for a few hours before devouring.