Borlotti and Porcini Pasta Sauce
DescriptionA quick and tasty sauce that works really beautifully with pasta. If you like rich, hearty flavours, this one's for you. Porcini and tomato puree blend together to give a sweet, sharp, umami taste.
Cavolo nero provides a fantastic array of nutrients and borlotti beans are loaded with fibre to keep your inner-bugs happy. We top this off with some garlic and red onion to boost the phytonutrients for a nutritious and delicious sauce.
- 1 can or carton of ready-cooked borlotti beans
- 2 red onions
- 15g dried porcini mushrooms, rinsed and soaked for 20 minutes in about 100ml boiling water
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped or pressed
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 5 large leaves cavolo nero (or more if you want). Strip out the stalks and chop up the leaves at least an hour before cooking
- 1 carton Oatly cream (it would probably work OK with any alternative plant-based neutral cream)
- 1 garlic and herb stock cube
- Finely chop the red onion and dry fry in a large pan until slightly softened
- Use a pair of kitchen scissors to snip up the porcini, don't throw away the liquid they've soaked in!
- Add all of the remaining ingredients (including the liquid) and stir well
- Allow to simmer gently for 15 minutes and then serve with pasta