10 Minute Mushroom & Wild Rice
DescriptionLunch in our household has to be a quick affair. However, during this cold weather it's so nice to have hot, freshly prepared food rather than a sandwich.
If looking to boost this meal further, you could add petits pois and broccoli.
- Handful of mushrooms of your choice, cleaned
- Two handfuls of baby kale, rinsed
- 1 clove garlic
- Third of a stock cube (I used a mushroom one)
- Half a carton of Oatly cream
- Sprinkling of parsley
- Sprinkling of pepper
- Wild and wholegrain rice ready pack (I used half of a pack)
- Slice mushrooms and dry fry in a pan for a couple of minutes.
- Finely chop garlic or use a press. Add to pan.
- Chop up the baby kale and add to pan.
- Scatter bits of the stock cube into the pan and stir well.
- Add the oat cream and parsley.
- Cook on high heat for a few minutes whilst you heat the rice.
- Serve hot with the rice and a little black pepper.