Description100% wholefood, these nutritious cookies are soft and sweet with an underlying warmth of vanilla. They are surprisingly filling and provide an excellent array of vital minerals such as iron and zinc as well as being rich in fibre to nourish your microbiome.
They're quick to make but do require a food processor. Although nuts are better eaten raw, we keep the cooking temperature and time of this recipe to a minimum to minimise damage whilst still resulting in a delicious soft cookie.
- One mug of cashews
- One mug of oats
- One mug of soaked dates
- Half a mug of dessicated (unsweetened) coconut
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Quarter mug of water
- Preheat the oven to 150 celcius
- Process the cashews until a nut butter forms
- Check the dates for stones and bugs
- Add all of the remaining ingredients to the processor and blitz until a sticky dough is formed
- Spoon the mixture onto a sheet of grease-proof paper on a baking sheet; aiming for approx 10 cookies
- Shape the mixture into rounds (it is sticky, so it can be a bit fiddly) and then rough up the tops a little to create a texture
- Bake in the oven for about 12 minutes before the cookies get too brown
- They are delicious eaten warm or will get firmer as they cool